Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Impressionist Exhibit at the Mapfre

That week, I recovered from traveling and got caught up in my studies. I had a test the next Friday. We got a new tv for the house. The last one was had bunny ears and didn’t work. I’m glad we got a new one because it will make my Spanish better. Our landlord couple delivered it, and the mujer told me my Spanish has gotten much better since the last time we had talked. That made my day. I went to an awesome impressionist museum that same day at the Mapfre. I saw works by Claude Monet, Degas, Tissot, Manet, Cezanne, Renoir, Henry Regnault, Pissarro and a bunch of others. I was inspired to draw Theodule Ribot’s “San Sebastian Martir” because of the darkness to it, and because I had just visited San Sebastian. It turned out to be my favorite drawing I’ve ever done. The impressionist exzhibit was one of the most impressive collections of art I’ve ever seen, and there was about an hour line out the door, but I heard it gets up to 2 hours long at some times.

Theodule Ribot's San Sebastian Martir


Taylor Lobdell's San Sebastian Martir

No comments:

Post a Comment